Saturday, October 30, 2010

Catching up...

I've been away from this blog for so long that I almost forgot about it. I was Googling Freddie's of Pinewood tonight...and you all know how much I Frenching love them...and found my own review on my blog, lol. Oh yeah...my blog.

Thank you to everyone who held out positive thoughts for Rory and I. The freakishly good news is that she beat all the odds and did not have cancer. What she did have was eosinophilic granuloma. Basically, her immune system is a little wonky and thinks she has an infection where none is present, so her body attacks healthy tissue which caused the lesion on her nose pad and the tumor on the back of her tongue. Knock wood, neither has returned but we do remain watchful as this can affect her teeth/gums too.

In sad news, my little rescue, Saoirse Francis, that we knew and loved for 10 years encountered complications while dealing with hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver disease). She arrested suddenly and we lost her in the middle of the night at the emergency hospital a few months ago. Truth be told, there is still a lot of guilt surrounding her passing and the all too avoidable events that led up to it. It's actually why I haven't been around...anywhere...but life moves forward and there are two more naked Sphynx cats flying around the house! More on them some other day.

I am just getting back into my vintage swing and will have to update you on my chenille bedspread, chrome cozy tea pot, Mary Dunhill perfume purse flask, Bobbie Jerome purse, Richard Hudnut travel set, and my foray into vintage scents like Tweed and Woodhue.

Oh, one other thing, I colored my hair a couple weeks ago. Mouse brown, esh...but hey, the grey is gone and that's a damn start.

Um and one last thing...Where the HELL is INKY?????? :)

5 comments:

  1. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    YOU'RE BACK

    and yeah, where is Inky in blog-land? :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do I find this blogger want to send her a purse? Got any ideas

      Delete
  2. Oh i missed this,sorry.I'm glad you came back ,i 'm very sorry that you lost one of your fur babies but i'm glad that your kitty is ok.
    I've wondered about Inky myself,i hope she's ok.
    Have a very merry christmas & i hope the new year is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to get in touch! Want to send you a treat! Sure you would appreciate adding to your collection. After reading your blog you deserve it! Please email me or let me know how to connect with you.

    ReplyDelete