Friday, February 26, 2010

Introducing my favorite MEN!

So, who better to catch the eye (and heart) of a vintage loving, resolute spinster than a fella who can make a purse! Mmmmm...purses. Oh, sorry, I drifted off for a moment there...I'm back.

Allow me to introduce you to two of my favorites. While not exactly Cary Grants, they do have a way with leather, suede, hardware and design.

RICHARD KORET
(photo courtesy of bagladyemporium.com)



WHITE WICKER KORET BASKET WITH TEAL VINYL LINING AND KISS LOCK CENTER COMPARTMENT

*I've seen a similar Koret basket done in bright yellow with a different ornament*

BLACK SATIN KORET EVENING BAG WITH BOW TOP CLASP MADE FOR SAKS FIFTH AVENUE

*Interior pic under my Little Bird Dress post*

WHITE LEATHER KORET BAG WITH CONTRASTING RED INTERIOR


*I've seen this style in at least one other color combination (dark grey/citrus)*

EDWIN DAVIS
(photo courtesy of bagladyemporium.com)


BIENEN-DAVIS LEATHER BAG

*This one is cool because it still has a sticker from Camalier and Buckley which was a high end luggager out of Washington DC. They once had a boutique in the Mayflower hotel in VA.

BIENEN-DAVIS WARM BROWN LEATHER BAG


BIENEN-DAVIS DARK BROWN (FAUX?) SUEDE BAG


To learn more about various vintage designers be sure to check out the "Makers" page at Bagladyemporium.

http://bagladyemporium.com/BLU/index.php?n=Category.Makers

Oh, and if you bump into either of my fellas, feel free to pick them up. We aren't in anything exclusive, so I don't mind. Take it from me, they can be had for a price and the best way to get these boys is on the cheap! Besides, I have my eye on a two new guys. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment