Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Little Black Birds Everywhere I Look...






Oh Ladies!

The "Eagle Has Landed"!

There was a teensy weensy bit of stress wondering where my Birdie dress was. She was only flying about 100 miles within the state of PA. When she didn't land Friday, the seller and I were sure she'd arrive Saturday. When she didn't arrive Saturday, we held our breath for Monday. When she still wasn't safe in her nest (my closet) on Monday...I wanted to cry! So much for Priority Mail. The seller was an absolute USPS tracking commando and I am happy to report that my Little Bird Dress is safe...but the men folk might not be if I ever get my esteem meter up!

The print is adorable, little black birds with hot pink wings. I originally thought they were red, thank goodness I decided to go with black accessories! The shelf bust is incredible! Va-va-voom! Which is so not me, but...well, maybe it could be! :) The seams are pinked, the zipper is metal and has two hook/eyes along the length to keep it nice and flat and it has it's original belt and side seam pockets that you'd never know were there. A girl couldn't ask for more!

I also found this Koret black satin evening bag done for Saks Fifth Avenue. It still has it's original coin purse and mirror! Funny thing is the seller is also in PA about 10 minutes from me. Who knew we had these sort of finds in our little town? I need to get out more!



***THE DRESS WAS PURCHASED PRE-NSB, THE PURSE WAS POST-NSB BUT PERMISSIBLE AS IT IS FUNCTIONAL, CAN BE WORN WITH WHAT I ALREADY OWN AND WAS A STEAL FOR THE CONDITION!***

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! When do we get to see it on you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. When YOU organize a big vintage girly get together so I have someplace to wear it! LOL

    I'm still not back to fully being "me", if you know what I mean. My hair is sooo grey and it just makes me feel crappy. I think, once the hair is in place, I'll feel a bit better about posting my own pic, although I have never been very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love it!! so cute! thank god you got it!!! and your cat... OMG... I am in love! i have no clue what to name it...

    ReplyDelete