Thursday, March 11, 2010

NSB: "Wait!...I can explain."



I was really, really good yesterday and today. I only bid on and won a desperately needed OB Girdle. It was a thought out, planned purchase and I got it for much less than I had expected. I was really happy with me!

Then I saw it, a yummy pink and lace confection of a dress that I need like a hole in my head (or pocketbook). I tried to resist, I really tried. Then I thought about the other two dresses that I resisted that were scarfed up and listed for sale elsewhere at 3 to 5 times the auction price. I looked at "my" dress and figured if I didn't move, she'd end up there too, far away from the financial reach of those who would love her best. I had to save her. You see? (Don't worry...I'm not buying this either!)

The truth is, I thought it was a really pretty dress and I did give myself one pass for a useless dressy-dress. I find it really hard to find this kind of stuff in my size and I know it's not something I could make myself in this lifetime or the next. I indulged. I have nothing against sellers making a profit. Heck, I worked commissioned sales for 20 years. It's just that really pretty plus size vintage is sometimes hard to come by. I'm tired of watching these dresses go for $70-$100 at auction and end up for sale at over $300 in a zip code I'm too poor to even speak, let alone live in. It's just nice, if once in a while, we regular girls can nab one of these dresses ourselves...even if we'll be so broke we'll have to wear it at home...eating Ramen Noodles for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment